Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Burn baby burn

Well, the overpriced electrician who came today confirmed the source of the burning smell that had been plaguing my house—something in my electrical panel, behind the metal part that normally hides the gritty details from n00bs like me, exploded or melted a few weeks ago. This is presumably the source of my flickering lights too. It was replaced today for the low-low cost of $350 or so. But since you'd rather just see pictures, I'll go ahead and oblige. Particularly interesting is the series of upward brown streaks which I can now confirm are smoke scars, not dirt blown in from the outside like my homeowner's association president thought.

So yeah, I guess I was this close to having my house burn down due to its shoddy (or just ancient) wiring. Awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scary.