A few people have asked what's up with my current blog sidebar picture. So, here's what's up with it. It's not my eye, and I Photoshopped it a bit, partially because I wanted to just play around a little bit, and partially because I really like eyes. Here's what I did:
- I lightened the skin tones. I actually prefer darker skin tones, but I was going for a more surreal and dreamy look, and lighter colors seemed to go along with that.
- I lightened the whites of the eyes a lot. This picture wasn't underexposed or otherwise too dark; the eyes were roughly the correct color in the original.
- I smoothed out the skin texture.
- I sharpened the eyebrows and eyelashes to make them a little more distinct.
- I removed some distracting reflections in the iris.
- I changed the color of the iris—it was originally brown with some colored reflections and highlights; I recolored it entirely.
- I played around with the contrast of the iris and pupil to make it stand out a little more. It's now definitely fake, but not distractingly so.
I'm happy with how it turned out.
Currently listening: Enigma—The Eyes of Truth
Post a Comment